There are several ways to clean a carpet which in most cases depend on the type of stain or dirt on the carpet as well as the carpet material. There are both homemade carpet cleaning methods as well as professional methods.
Why should carpets be cleaned?
- To prevent the accumulation of bacteria and allergens which pose a risk to human health.
- Aesthetic value; it makes the carpet look clean and smell fresh
- To adhere to warranty requirements. Sometimes the warranty conditions state that the carpet has to be cleaned after a given duration of time.
- Increases the carpets life span
- Takes out stains and spots on the carpet thus protecting the carpet
- Decreases the amount of dust embedded in the carpet thus creating a fresh atmosphere
- Gets rid of bugs and dust mites that be in the carpet.
- Carpet cleaning solutions
- The following are the most commonly used carpet cleaning solutions:
- Laundry detergent based solution
- Window cleaner spray
- Detergent based cleaning solution
- Household based cleaning solution
- Spot removers
Carpet cleaning tips
- You should make a point of vacuum cleaning you carpets at least every once a week. This will make your carpets to last longer.
- Focus more on places that are likely to be dirtier such as places frequently stepped on or sat on.
- Baking soda comes in handy when you need to take care of bad smells. It is advised that you have some in your vacuum bag at all times.
- If you have a large floor space it is easier and more efficient to divide it into quadrants before cleaning. This helps one to be more organized and effective.
- Never be in a hurry. The carpet cleaning exercise requires patience and zest.
- Always make sure that your carpet is cleaned regularly. Keeping your carpet clean is not all about washing it; sometimes avoiding practices that will make your carpet dirty does the trick.